Dakota Resources launched Dakota Rising to help fulfill our core mission of “enriching communities and empowering people.” Through Dakota Rising, we seek out, celebrate, and inspire rural entrepreneurs through a free comprehensive 24-month program designed to provide rural entrepreneurs with the tools, resources and connections to help them reach their greatest potential. In return, our Fellows use that potential to impact rural economic and community development.
Do you have what it takes to be a Dakota Rising Fellow?
- Are you available to attend our Dakota Rising finalist event in Watertown October 7?
- Do you own a business not located in Rapid City or Sioux Falls?
- Would you like your business to be more profitable?
- Does your business make money when you’re away?
- Has your business progressed beyond survival or filed a tax return for at least two years?
- Do you feel isolated or lonely in your role as a rural entrepreneur?
- Would you like an expanded network of resources, tools and people to help you grow your business?
- Are you looking for a network of like-minded people you can turn to for advice and inspiration?
- Would you like to know how other rural entrepreneurs build success?
- Are you able to participate in four, three-day motivational gatherings each year?
If you answered “yes” to the majority of these questions, you need to apply to become a Dakota Rising Fellow.